Wednesday, April 6, 2011

From My Reading #4: Impossible Odds

In honor of the fact that I got one of the thirteen available spots in the Fine Art Graphic Design program at my university despite an incomplete portfolio, a horribly-less-than-perfect academic record, and an application letter that should have disqualified me, I give you this edition of From My Reading:

Referring to the Feeding of the Five Thousand in John 6:1-14...

"In God's economy, 5 + 2 = 5,000 with a remainder of 12.

They actually end up with more than what they started with after feeding five thousand people. And God is glorified because He defied impossible odds. It honestly doesn't matter how many Moabites you're facing. It doesn't matter how tall the Egyptian giant is. And the size of the lion isn't really an issue.

The issue is this:
How big is your God?"

-Mark Batterson, In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day

No comments:

Post a Comment